Possum Garage
It's rainy here in Toronto, and the local paper says we can expect "heavy rain" today. It doesn't look good for going out and exploring. I may not get many more Toronto photos.
So let me introduce a recent houseguest:

I first became aware we had a houseguest Saturday morning when I found some things knocked over in the garage. I looked around and found nobody, and as I had a bunch of work to get done before leaving town, I decided to just assume that our visitor had left on his own.
Saturday was a busy day. I spent a lot of time at the office, and I sandwiched in a visit to the big marching band competition in Waukee, where Dan's band performed. (They also marched in a big "all-state" competition that night and won first place. Hooray, Dan and the Marchmasters!")
Poor Bobby had to hang around the office with me much of the day, but he was a good sport about it, reading and playing with office equipment. After I finally finished up, we had dinner and went roller skating. A nice lady who runs the skate rink gave us an impromptu lesson, which helped a lot, and we had a great time.
Then we came home and the garage was in disarray (ok, even more than usual), with Dan's bike on the floor and the garden tools knocked over. The car headlights caught our little visitor.
Mr. Possum was reluctant to leave. I cautiously coaxed it out with a golf club (I think I used a 5-iron), eventually sliding it under it and prying him(?) off the floor. He gave me an indignant look and stalked out of the garage. Bobby stood guard to prevent re-entry while I parked the car. Bye bye, possum!
Dan and I had a possum adventure in the garage when Bobby was a baby when we found one in a box out there. I thought it was dead and went to get a trash bag for it when Dan yelled "Dad! It moved!" It was, of course, playing possum.
So let me introduce a recent houseguest:

I first became aware we had a houseguest Saturday morning when I found some things knocked over in the garage. I looked around and found nobody, and as I had a bunch of work to get done before leaving town, I decided to just assume that our visitor had left on his own.
Saturday was a busy day. I spent a lot of time at the office, and I sandwiched in a visit to the big marching band competition in Waukee, where Dan's band performed. (They also marched in a big "all-state" competition that night and won first place. Hooray, Dan and the Marchmasters!")
Poor Bobby had to hang around the office with me much of the day, but he was a good sport about it, reading and playing with office equipment. After I finally finished up, we had dinner and went roller skating. A nice lady who runs the skate rink gave us an impromptu lesson, which helped a lot, and we had a great time.
Then we came home and the garage was in disarray (ok, even more than usual), with Dan's bike on the floor and the garden tools knocked over. The car headlights caught our little visitor.
Mr. Possum was reluctant to leave. I cautiously coaxed it out with a golf club (I think I used a 5-iron), eventually sliding it under it and prying him(?) off the floor. He gave me an indignant look and stalked out of the garage. Bobby stood guard to prevent re-entry while I parked the car. Bye bye, possum!
Dan and I had a possum adventure in the garage when Bobby was a baby when we found one in a box out there. I thought it was dead and went to get a trash bag for it when Dan yelled "Dad! It moved!" It was, of course, playing possum.


2 Comments:
You were very brave to get close enough to touch it with a golf club. Eeek. They still look like big rats to me.
More stupid than brave, I'm sure, but they don't move very fast, so I was sure I could give it a good whack before it's nasty little rat teeth could do any damage. They are ugly critters.
Post a Comment
<< Home