The Independence Day Parade
West Des Moines had its 4th of July parade last night. Dark clouds threatened...

...and then made good on the threat.

But for some, the rain had its consolations.

Goth teens roll themselves into a protective ball in the rain -- a phenomenon rarely recorded in the wild.

Here come the Cub Scouts!

And the Boy Scouts!

There was an assortment of politicians, but parades are really about the old trucks...

...and the old cars.

The convertables defied the rain in style...

...but some were more stylish than others.

I think this one is a tribute to "Wonder Woman."

The Men in Skirts marching corps!

Hi, Peggy! I hope you are enjoying your vacation, and that these photos stir pleasant thoughts of your new and old homes.

Of course, no parade is complete without pretty girls...

...but I have to say, some were real dogs.

Horsies!

Oh...

Ah, donuts!

Have a great 4th!

...and then made good on the threat.

But for some, the rain had its consolations.

Goth teens roll themselves into a protective ball in the rain -- a phenomenon rarely recorded in the wild.

Here come the Cub Scouts!

And the Boy Scouts!

There was an assortment of politicians, but parades are really about the old trucks...

...and the old cars.

The convertables defied the rain in style...

...but some were more stylish than others.

I think this one is a tribute to "Wonder Woman."

The Men in Skirts marching corps!

Hi, Peggy! I hope you are enjoying your vacation, and that these photos stir pleasant thoughts of your new and old homes.

Of course, no parade is complete without pretty girls...

...but I have to say, some were real dogs.

Horsies!

Oh...

Ah, donuts!

Have a great 4th!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home