All-State auditions
They held the central Iowa auditions for the "All-State" high school orchestra at Indianola High School Saturday. Dan was trying out on double bass - orchestra.

Here he warms up for his 1:10 p.m. audition.

After his audition - he was the first bassist to perform - he had to wait around to see if there would be a "callback." Dan and Brooke, the other Valley bassist, got called back for a second round of audition at about 1:45. Here Dan and Brooke await their second round.
Afterwards we went to the gym, where the results were to be posted. Dan checks out results for the other instruments; he's on the left by the wall in the white shirt.

The results! Now that's a misspelling of "Kristan" I hadn't seen before. We went to the office to get it corrected. The ladies there said there had been a debate over whether that was a "W" or a "Kr". Anectodal evidence of a penmanship gene, there. I think Dan's a bit disappointed, but I think he did pretty well, especially as he's a sophomore and can do it again two more times. I also think he's glad he doesn't have to learn the all-state pieces, assuming the first two placeholders survive until the all-state concert.

Here he warms up for his 1:10 p.m. audition.

After his audition - he was the first bassist to perform - he had to wait around to see if there would be a "callback." Dan and Brooke, the other Valley bassist, got called back for a second round of audition at about 1:45. Here Dan and Brooke await their second round.
Afterwards we went to the gym, where the results were to be posted. Dan checks out results for the other instruments; he's on the left by the wall in the white shirt.
The results! Now that's a misspelling of "Kristan" I hadn't seen before. We went to the office to get it corrected. The ladies there said there had been a debate over whether that was a "W" or a "Kr". Anectodal evidence of a penmanship gene, there. I think Dan's a bit disappointed, but I think he did pretty well, especially as he's a sophomore and can do it again two more times. I also think he's glad he doesn't have to learn the all-state pieces, assuming the first two placeholders survive until the all-state concert.


1 Comments:
That reminds me of my years of auditions for All State Choir. The NERVES! I'm glad I don't have to go through that anymore. Lots of luck Dan!
Post a Comment
<< Home