Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day Rose

The prior residents left three rose bushes in the back yard. They're tough; we've done nothing for them other than enjoy them. They're in bloom now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

They're looking pretty good. No black spot on the leaves or anything like that. I have to spray our roses with non-organic things (I'm sure they include heavy metals to keep the black spot off the leaves) I bet you don't even prune them in the autumn.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Ummm... should I? How much? What does it do?

1:56 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Plenty of theories as to how to best prune roses. Mostly cut it back in the autumn so that the winter winds don't damage the plant so much. Also, cut out any dead or diseased looking stuff. That's really it. Cutting it back will promote new growth in the spring (good thing). But hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Your rose looks beautiful.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home